User Rights and Restrictions
By using the Text.tl website or any other sites or services controlled by Text.tl, you agree to be bound by the following restrictions and acknowlege you are aware of your rights described on this page.
Users own all content they share on Text.tl unless rights to the shared content belong to someone else.
Users share their texts on this site at their own risk. Any rights dispute with another Text.tl user must be sorted amongst yourselves. Text.tl reserves the right to delete the accounts of problem users who regularly engage in disputes and/or harrassment of other users over copyright or intellectual property issues.
If you are logged in and choose to "post as guest" you are effectively relinquishing ownership of the text you post. You will not be able to later edit or delete the post as it was posted anonymously and, as we respect our user's rights to post anonymously, no identifying information is associated with texts or articles that are posted as a guest.
If a user shares content not owned by them, the content must meet one of the following licensing criteria:
- The content is in the public domain.
- The content has an open source or creative commons license that permits sharing without restriction or the restrictions do not prohibit the content from being shared on Text.tl (e.g. any Creative Commons license).
- The owner of the content has given written permission to the user to share the content on Text.tl.
Any content that does not meet the above criteria will be removed and the offending user's account may also be suspended or deleted at the discretion of Text.tl..
By posting your content to Text.tl you are granting Text.tl the right to store and publish your content on it's servers and the text.tl domain and any of its subdomains.
Registered users may choose a license for their posts, but all "guest" or anonymous user's content will be posted with the default Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license
All rights to other text, images, source code and other non-user-generated content is reserved by Text.tl
Further Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- All registered users, paid and unpaid, have unfettered access to their personal information at all times.
- All registered users, paid and unpaid, have the ability to correct and modify their personal information at any time.
- Users have the right to "be forgotten" and can delete their posts and account data at any time. Users are also able to suspend or delete their account and all associated data at any time.
- If a user believes their information was shared without informed consent we will, to the best of our ability, provide what information we have regarding how their information was obtained or shared if you notify us via our contact page.